Search This Blog

Brian and Jessica

Brian and Jessica
Just a young couple with a toddler, exploring the world and living life happily together!

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Apparently I've been on a squash kick lately, but anyone who knows me well knows I am positively addicted to butternut squash soup. So I had to find a recipe that satisfied the never-ending desire! This recipe comes from Wannabite.com, but I had to edit it a bit to make it fit my sweet tooth. Here it is!

INGREDIENTS
  • 2 large roasted butternut squashes
  • 1 pint of half and half
  • ¾ stick of butter (browned)
  • 2 tbsp of oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2½ cups of chicken stock
  • ** I added a teaspoon of cinnamon, a few dashes of ground ginger, a dash of nutmeg, and probably 1/4 c. of sugar.

INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Cut the squash in half
  2. Lightly coat it with oil, salt and pepper
  3. Roast the squash for an hour or until tender
  4. Scoop out the squash, put it into a blender or food processor add the half and half and the chicken stock.
  5. Blend well and then place into a pot on medium heat.
  6. Add browned butter (simply brown butter in a small pan) oil, salt and pepper and stir and cook on low for a few minutes. *add my ingredients, if you dare ;) *




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.