Search This Blog

Brian and Jessica

Brian and Jessica
Just a young couple with a toddler, exploring the world and living life happily together!

Sunday, January 31, 2016

I guess I’ve really been slacking because my last real post was from New Year’s Day. 

Saturday, January 9, Brian and I had my idea of a perfect date night with Chipotle and a Jazz game against the Miami Heat. The Jazz game was a late Christmas present of mine (a game of my choosing), so that was a blast. And shocker, the Jazz actually won! 

The following week Brian went back to school for the spring semester. My handsome husband is taking 18 credit hours (plus one course for 0 credits) while still working 3 days a week and trying to get the ward mission organized and going. I can’t express how proud of him I am or how hard he works. I am truly lucky. With the return of school, he typically has to take one night class a week and this semester it’s on Tuesdays, so Brian’s mom, Lindy, and I sometimes have movie date nights on Tuesdays. It’s nice since Megaplex Tuesdays make movies $5 then. On the 12th, we saw the movie “Joy” with Jennifer Lawrence. If you need a good inspirational movie that will make you walk out feeling like you can accomplish anything, see this movie.

That same week, we had our Relief Society monthly Night and it was all about preparing for the new year and budgeting. Brian and I have created a very strict budget for ourselves, and with his help, I’ve actually stuck to it more than any other budget I’ve ever had haha. I love having someone by my side thats 1000x’s better at money management than me. That’s semi-sarcastic but mostly true. :)

Friday, January 15, I had lunch with an amazing woman named Melissa Miller. I don’t think she realized how much an hour and a half of time with her made me re-evaluate every aspect of my life, but it was much needed and has set off a chain reaction of a new plan for Brian and I. Stay tuned on that one. But for anyone in the Ogden/Northern Utah area, if you’re looking for an amazing head-hunter (not the reason I met with her, by the way), look up Miller Consulting.

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, we both had off work, so we made ourselves be super productive and then took the night and went snowboarding together. I’m so happy my knee is getting stronger again and I’m really starting to get more comfortable trying new things again. Brian is a patient teacher, but it’s kind of funny when I tell him I’ll meet him at the bottom of the hill and he gets little-kid-happy and disappears off into the trees. 

Tuesday the 19th, I was super blessed to see my Grand-Big from my sorority. She was here on a ski trip with her parents all the way from West Virginia, so we got to catch up over some yummy “authentic” Utah food at the High West Saloon on Main St in Park City. I love that we can go forever without seeing each other, and then get together and catch up without anything changing :)

I indulged in another dinner date with Annalise later in the week over more Chipotle. Unbelievable as it is, she had never experienced the heavenliness of  Chipotle, but luckily there’s one in Bountiful which is halfway between our houses and a meet up location favorite of ours. 
That Saturday, we helped our Australian friends, the Rigby’s move. Tyler is currently away for work training, so we went to Jodi’s and helped her load up everything from their old apartment and unload everything at their new place. It was fun to see her and their adorable kids!
That night, we had dinner at our house then ventured out to the famous Midway Ice Castles with Kate and Zac. I say ventured because when we were headed back, it started blizzarding and what normally would have been an hour drive turned into a 2 1/2 hour drive on I-80 through the canyon. Nonetheless, the castles were pretty dang cool and it’s always a blast hanging out with Kate and Zac (And amusing when Brian and Zac get together).

This last Friday, we had a mini birthday party for Randy at our house, then he and Sabra and Brian and I went to the Weber State vs. Utah State hockey game. It was way fun and I forgot how much I like hockey. The only other game I've ever been to was a professional game in Florida to see the Tampa Bay Lightning play, so it was neat to go to another game!

The most exciting part of our last week was the baptism for a little girl in our ward. She had just turned 9. Her family are converts who joined in the last 6-7 months and it was wonderful to see her dad get to baptize her. Her stepmom, Ashley, is my visiting teaching companion and I got the opportunity to take her out for her first visiting teaching experience ever this month. They are a darling family and I am so glad we’ve had the opportunity to befriend them.

Oh, lastly we went to the movies last night with Brian's parents. His mom is always down for scary movies and we got his dad to come with us to see The Boy. Totally different ending than I expected, and it's definitely more of a thriller than a horror story. Not quite as scary as I imagined. There's my review, should any of you want it ;)

We’ve been getting a ton of snow, so I don’t really have any sympathy for the east coasters. Here in Utah, we get enough for it to be annoying, but not enough to get a snow day. This year has been the exact opposite of last year’s warm, mild winter. At least the lakes will be higher for wake boarding this summer! That’s all I’ve got for now, here are some pictures for your enjoyment.






















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.