Search This Blog

Brian and Jessica

Brian and Jessica
Just a young couple with a toddler, exploring the world and living life happily together!

Sunday, January 3, 2016

2016 started off with some physical fitness, aka snowboarding for my out of shape self. Brian and I finally made it up to Powder Mountain to get our season night passes and Randy and Sabra came with us for the night. It was my first time back on a board since partially tearing my MCL last season, and my first time with my new board. Let's just say I was on my butt a lot more than I was boarding.
I've always been pretty active, ever since I was a kid. Basketball and track kind of keep you running 24/7 so I've never had much of a problem tackling any sport I was offered.
But then I got old, apparently. About midway through summer last year (probably when Brian and I got engaged) I let my workout routine lapse and never really got back into it. After months of virtually no exercise and a weak knee, I could barely make it halfway down a slope before I'd have to land on my butt to rest my knee before it gave out on me and sent me hurling down the mountain face first. I guess this is my subtle hint that I need to start working out more again, so that's about to happen. *please note, this is not a New Year's resolution that I'll stick to for a week, this is one of those slap in the face moments when you realize your body doesn't rebound from an injury like it did when you were 17 and now you have to work for it. Depressing.*
Despite the delay, Brian was very patient with me, Sabra did awesome for her first time snowboarding, and a good time was had by all. 

The next day, January 2, Brian and I got the special privilege of flying with our friend Tyler Rigby. Tyler is a flight instructor/cargo flyer trainee who took us up in a private plane. He taught us how to turn, in the air and on the ground, what all the gauges and such were, and he even let me take off! I was surprised at how easy the actual take off part is, but then again he did all the hard setup stuff for me :) It was super exciting!

Unfortunately, that's all the news I have for you right now. Brian and I have gotten to the point where we think it's cool to spend our weekends running around trying to accomplish stuff like adults. It feels  good to be accomplished! But that leaves little time for exciting things to write about in my blog. Oh well, 2016 is starting great!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.