Search This Blog

Brian and Jessica

Brian and Jessica
Just a young couple with a toddler, exploring the world and living life happily together!

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Another week has come and gone and I'm spending my Saturday like a lazy bum. Thursday and Friday of this week were spent at Lagoon and Pineview again, so I'm exhausted and using my normal "fun day" to lay around inside (despite the beautiful weather outside). Here's why.

Brian's older brother Kevin, his wife Amanda, and their kids are here visiting this week. Funny enough, Brian and I will be seeing them again Wednesday and Thursday when we head to Vegas before flying home from there for our Maryland/West Virginia vacation. Kevin and Amanda have three adorable little boys: Braxton (age 8), Corbin (age 5), and Dylan (age 2), and a beautiful baby girl, Ella (approx 7 months?). 

Thursday, Brian and I, his mom and dad, Kevin & Amanda, their kids, and Brian's middle brother Steve, along with his three kids, all set out for a fun, sunny day at Lagoon. I keep thinking I've become a true Utahan every time I hit a new "typical Utah move," and going to Lagoon added to that. Seven kids, seven adults (assuming Brian and I are adults), and 11 hours later and I would say my first trip there was a success.
Sadly, the largest and newest ride, Cannibal, was not open yet, but Brian and I hit every other major roller coaster/ride in the park. Braxton decided he was old enough to ride all the big rides and said he wouldn't "wuss out" if he came with us, and he kept true to his word. The little guy is a real trooper and so much fun. Brian and I were the cool, fun adults because with us, he wasn't stuck riding the kiddie rides, and we treated him to his first Dippin Dots. 

Dylan rode with us on the way there. He found some glasses in Grandma's toy bucket in the car and wouldn't take them off. He is too cute.


Brian, Braxton, and myself before riding Colossus the Fire Dragon. (Please excuse the fact that my hair was wet and blonde. Therefore I look bald).
 Corbin and Dylan munching on some chicken. Approximately hour 7.

Friday was spent at Pineview Reservoir again and I have to say it's even more fun with all the kids. This trip, we were accompanied by Amanda's parents, as well as three of her nieces and nephews. The day was spent swimming, boogie boarding, boating, water tubing (not me again, I stayed away from that one), wakeboarding, eating, and sunbathing. 
Brian says I officially won over all the kids after Corbin snuggled up and fell asleep on my lap mid boating trip, and Dylan crawled in my lap and clung to me for dear life while Grandpa Kirk took us on a crazy speed boat ride. It has been so fun getting to spend more time with them.
 Uncle Brian and Baby Ella. Although you can't tell in this picture, Ella is the happiest baby I've ever met. She is always laughing and smiling and is so much fun. The boys all love her and it's so fun to see them play with her.
 Dylan, aka Spider Man. 

 Jaxton and Chloe get to ride on the boat with us all the time. They've become seasoned pros. 
 Brian and Kevin did some wakeboarding.

 Such a beautiful view.
 Are we tan yet? 

I'm so lucky to be surrounded by such wonderful people! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.