Search This Blog

Brian and Jessica

Brian and Jessica
Just a young couple with a toddler, exploring the world and living life happily together!

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I can’t believe our wedding day was already a week and a half ago! I thought I would be more upset that it’s over, especially after it went by so quickly, but married life is better than ever! The day started for me around 6 AM when I hopped in the shower and then headed over to Brian’s cousin’s house, Tricia, for her to do my hair. Let’s start off by saying Tricia is a saint (no pun intended) because she had dyed my hair the week before, as well as gone through multiple hair trials for me before the big day. She’s also home on maternity leave currently, so she did all this for me out of her home while taking care of two boys. She is awesome!! I got so many compliments on my hair and thanks to her mid-day fix (after my curls were falling from two many people hugging me and pulling on my veil during pictures haha) I had fabulous hair all day long! After that, I came home where Sabra was waiting for me to transform my face into wedding beauty and my stepdad was making me breakfast!

Brian came and picked me up to head to the temple at 8:30, and we met my Maid of Honor, Kimberly, at the temple at 9. I could not have gotten ready without her and it was so awesome to be there together with her in the temple for the first time since I’ve been able to do more than baptisms! Before our sealing, Brian and I got to sit and talk in one of the smaller sealing rooms, then our temple sealer, Brother Schultz, came in and talked with us. It didn’t seem real and I remember my hands were sweating and shaking because the big day was finally here!

Our temple sealing was absolutely beautiful. Kimberly and Brian’s mom sat beside us, and Brian’s dad and my uncle, Joe, were our witnesses. Brother Schultz had wonderful counsel for us and it was so nice to be able to look around and see all our friends and family there as well as Brian’s mission president and his wife, and a couple he lived with on his mission that holds a special place in his heart. We are so lucky they were all able to join us!

There is a specific line in the temple ordinance that is the covenant itself that must be read before we said our temple version of “I Do.” Brother Schultz had explained this to us before, and during, our time in our sealing, but Brian was too eager to marry me and wound up saying yes before the entire saying was read. It was quite amusing and everyone got a good laugh out of it. At least he said yes and not no!! I remember feeling so peaceful like everything in the world was completely right and the ceremony itself was so short, it was over too soon. 

I decided I was going to be traditional and not let Brian see me in my dress until the day of the wedding, so our photographers had Brian stand outside the temple on the opposite side as our family, so we could get the first look photos. It was perfect :) (Side note: Brian’s mom made my veil, lace with a pearl and diamond comb and blue rhinestones, for something blue, and it was GORGEOUS). Afterwards, we walked back through the temple to exit on the other side and greet all our friends and family! I was so lucky to have both my mom and stepdad, dad and stepmom, my grandma from Florida, my grandma from Maryland, my great aunt from Maryland, and all of my dad’s side of the family from Florida, Utah, and DC there! After many many family photos, bridal party photos, and individuals with bridesmaids and groomsmen, we hurried off to a church by Brian’s parents house for our ring ceremony and luncheon! With mostly all of my family (and all my immediate family) being non-members, we decided to have a ring ceremony in place of a traditional wedding so that all of our family would be present at a wedding for us as well. It was beautifully decorated thanks to both of our families who spent the evening before decking it all out for us. Brian’s uncle, Randy, performed the ceremony for us. He spoke about the temple and why we decided to be sealed and the significance, Brian and I exchanged vows (he totally teared up), and then we got to eat!

We had a small break before Brian and I had to be at the Grand View Reception Center for the big reception, and my dad’s side of the family was able to come and see our new house! Tricia touched up my hair, then we were off to Ogden again. Our reception at the Grand View was amazing! By 7 PM the place was packed with all our friends and family. We had a delicious crepe bar where everyone got to watch the crepe maker make the crepes in front of them and then filled them with their choice of toppings! Brian and I did not play nice and totally smashed cake all over each other’s faces. We did our first dance to our song, “My My Love” by Joshua Radin, our fathers gave speeches, I tossed my bouquet that my bridesmaid, Annalise, caught, and we had a grand time! Brian’s car was completely filled to the brim with balloons, the windows were decorated with the typical vulgarities, and they disconnected his battery so that when we thought we were finally getting out of there, we weren’t really going anywhere haha.

Everything went amazingly, and I couldn’t have been happier! We stayed the night Friday at the Silver King Resort and Lodge in Park City, and left for Jamaica for a week on Sunday! (That will be a separate post). Thank you to all our incredible friends and family who helped with everything, we are so blessed to have you in our lives. Thank you for making our day incredible!!

MOH: Kimberly Parker
Bridesmaids: Kimmy Meyers, Annalise Bowen, Kate LaBree, Jessica Fox, Mariah Fox, Sabra Isaacson

Best Man: Randy Isaacson
Groomsmen: Wyatt Stringham, Zac Anderson, George Black, Glen Garner, Jacob Stringham, Adam Bonsteel

Cake/Cupcake Tower: My Sweet Cakes by Maureen (chocolate with fudge filling and whipped topping & strawberry cake with guava filling and buttercream icing)

Flowers: Floral Innovations by Raelyn Boman

Photography: That’s A Pretty Picture Photography, Tampa, FL (Alicia Johnson)
Calder Photography, Ogden, UT (Aneisa Calder)

Dress: Allure Bridal at Fantasy Bridal in Murray, UT

Reception Venue: The Grand View Reception and Event Center in Ogden, UT
Reception Catering: The Crepe Man (I literally don’t even know his real name)

 

















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.