Search This Blog

Brian and Jessica

Brian and Jessica
Just a young couple with a toddler, exploring the world and living life happily together!

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Whoever said the last few months of pregnancy takes forever clearly did not enter their third trimester the week of Thanksgiving! Life is crazy busy right now and I can only imagine time will keep flying this quickly for the next month until the new year. Let's hope January goes swiftly too because we cannot wait to meet our little girl!

To back track to where the last post left off, the weekend I got home from my work trip was our one year wedding anniversary! We celebrated the night before it since our anniversary fell on a Sunday and went to Ruth's Chris Steak House in Salt Lake City for dinner. Best filet mignon I've ever had or probably will ever have in the future! Coupled with their creme brulee for dessert and I was a very happy camper. Brian had asked if I wanted to go away for the weekend to Park City or somewhere semi-close, but I told him I thought after being away from home for 9 days for my work trip that I would want to be at home and I am SO glad I decided that before I went because I couldn't wait to relax and sleep in our own bed. There truly is no place like home!

On Monday, November 14th (the first week day post-overindulgent food trip), I had my glucose test and next check up. Don't ask me why but I somehow got myself so psyched up over this test, I was totally geeking out over it. I was afraid I would throw it up or not get to the appointment in time or something would somehow go wrong and I would have to take the 3 hour test. But to all my pregnant friends coming up on this: IT'S NOT EVEN BAD AT ALL. The drink you have to consume in 5 minutes flat tastes like a slightly sweeter version of those gross plastic barrel juice boxes we all drank as kids, and I did it in 2 minutes flat. Luckily they called me the very next day and despite my over eating and high sugar consumption for the previous week and a half, I still passed the test and the only bad news was that I'm slightly anemic and they want me to take iron pills. Lucky me!

The following weekend I had to work Saturday and then Brian and I went out Christmas shopping and got so much done! I was so happy and it's a good thing I was feeling accomplished because the entire following week I got hit with the worst head cold I can ever remember having. Maybe it's just because I'm pregnant so my immune system already hates me or maybe it's because you literally can't take ANYTHING for the stuffiness, sinus headaches, or sore throat except like Mucinex and Tylenol which doesn't help at all. (Don't get sick, preggo friends. You'll hate your life).

But it was Thanksgiving week which means lots of business, family functions, and craziness. We spent this Thanksgiving in Utah since we'll be headed home to the east coast for Christmas but it worked out well because Kevin & Amanda and the kids came up and we got to spend lots of time with them which was awesome. We celebrated Dylan, Jaxton, and Sophie's birthdays all at Chuck-E-Cheese on Wednesday, had the huge Baldwin family Thanksgiving shin-dig on Thursday, and Amanda and Lindy threw me a family baby shower on Saturday morning. Baby girl got lots of fun stuff and we are so blessed for all the family and friends who came out to support us! I have to post pictures of the shower too because Lindy and Amanda decorated so dang cute, it was basically like you stepped into a Pinterest board.

Friday marked 28 weeks with baby girl! I cannot believe we're entering the third trimester! She's grown so much over the last 4 weeks (25- rutabaga,26-eggplant 27- cucumber, 28-head of cauliflower.... These vegetable sequences don't make any sense) and is a moving, grooving fool! She loves the sound of her daddy's voice, especially when he sings to her. We're now only 28 days from Christmas and I cannot wait to go home for the holidays and for the snow!! I'm really loving winter clothes and weather since I'm this pregnant. It's so much more comfortable than summer was! I think that's all for now, but I'll try to be more prompt with the blog since I'm sure I'll fall behind again when baby girl gets here! We are so excited and so blessed to be surrounded by such loving family and friends!!
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.