Search This Blog

Brian and Jessica

Brian and Jessica
Just a young couple with a toddler, exploring the world and living life happily together!

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Having family in town is always wonderful, but it goes without saying there's always much to do after they leave, especially when you leave for a 12 day trip only a week and a half after family's departure. 

Brian and I celebrated 3 years of marriage on the 13th, the night before I left, at our traditional spot, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. Hands down always the best filet mignon I've ever had, or probably will ever have. Shoutout to my cousin Julie for always watching Tatum for our special occasions. She's one of the only people in Florida I can leave her with for hours guilt-free because she always insists we take our time and enjoy ourselves. She's pretty much the best.

Aside from the normal hustle and bustle of life and preparing for a trip, I was determined to have all my Christmas shopping done and wrapped for Brian's side of the family before we left for Vegas so I could bring it all and not have to ship it. Somehow I succeeded, but it was a miracle that Kevin and Amanda still had necessities like car seats that fit Tatum so I didn't have to tote that along with the two suitcases and carry-ons I already had for our trip. Did I mention that Brian didn't fly out with us? So somehow I survived a 4 1/2 hour flight with Tatum alone and hung out in Vegas with our nieces and nephews for a week before the other adults returned/arrived. 

Kevin and Amanda took a 6-day Cancun trip so I flew out to watch the kiddos while they were gone and Brian and his parents, brother Steve, and niece and nephew all arrived the day before Thanksgiving. While I was babysitting, Dylan turned 6 so we had a fun, full day of Springs Preserve, McDonalds, and Farmer Boys (those kids can throw down some fast food!!). Because the weather is favorable so much of the year, Vegas has a lot of fun parks for the kids and I think their favorite was Fox Hill Park, a climbing park, in Summerlin. We also went to the trampoline park, Gravady, and Tatum was completely in her element. Kevin also heated the pool to 90 degrees so even though it was sometimes in the 60s, the kids were still in and out of the pool and hot tub!

 We had such a fun Thanksgiving with the whole family there! The next day, Amanda and I took advantage of some Black Friday shopping and that night all the adults went out to see the new Beatles Love Cirque de soleil show at The Mirage, my first Vegas show! Braxton is old enough to babysit and put the kids to bed now so that was a huge plus. Our tickets were Christmas presents from Kevin & Amanda and our seats were incredible! It was so fun. The next day, Brian and I were able to take some time together to go to the Vegas temple and indulge in some Cafe Rio. That night, Kevin & Amanda, and Brian & I went to dinner at Juan's Flaming Fajitas (highlyyy recommend) and then did an escape room. We wound up dying but it was fun haha. 

Brian and I and Tatum flew home the Monday after Thanksgiving and it was back to real life! The day after we got home, we set up our Christmas tree and got the house all decorated! It was fun to be back in a real house that we could decorate outside again this year.



























0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.