Search This Blog

Brian and Jessica

Brian and Jessica
Just a young couple with a toddler, exploring the world and living life happily together!

Friday, December 1, 2017

Remember how I said I had a nursery calling? Scratch that. That lasted two weeks.
I'm now the Stake Relief Society Secretary.
I'm still hanging out with all the other people who can't believe it.

November was filled with lots of travel, family, and the usual craziness. We have four birthdays on the Baldwin side back to back towards the end of November, our anniversary is in November, and we went home for Thanksgiving. Although we weren't in Utah for all the birthdays, I wanted to be sure I got all the presents mailed before I left for vacation, plus getting Christmas stuff in order. We had family pictures taken for Christmas cards this month, which was nice, but a little late. I'm the queen of slacking off this year it seems...

Our anniversary was spent at Ruth's Chris Steak House, I guess you can call it a tradition since we've done it two years in a row now. Then I flew home. It seemed like I spent all week preparing for the trip, packing, doing laundry, and making Brian freezer meals to eat until he joined us.
I left the Thursday before Thanksgiving with just Tatum on her first flight ever. We flew Southwest, so there's open seating and I'm pretty sure the very last person on the plane was the one who realized he was stuck sitting beside a baby. Luckily there was a super nice lady who had been on the end who volunteered to sit beside us. She was a grandma and understood my anxiety and also didn't mind if Tatum cried the whole way. BUT SHE DIDN'T and all those people who were avoiding her like the plague when we took off were waving and smiling at her when we were getting off because she didn't make a single peep, other than giggling. She loved flying and was jumping up and down on my lap clapping when we landed. The hardest part was trying to pee in an airport bathroom while holding your child. Never doing that again. I'll hold it.

The first weekend was spent with my mom and stepdad and I got to visit with some friends, including a friend from high school and her sweet little boy who's two weeks older than Tatum, my longest best friend Chelsea (since 2nd grade) and my college bestie, Erin. Erin and I lived together two years and Chelsea joined us as our third roomie the last year so it's always a blast hanging out with them. Monday-half of Thanksgiving was spent with my dad and stepmom and we picked Brian up from the airport on Wednesday night before Thanksgiving. He hadn't accrued much PTO yet and wanted to save it for Christmas break, so I bought his flight months before I decided to fly up as well instead of trying to make the 14 hour drive with Tatum alone. Good decision for SURE. We got to see my cousin Kimmy, and a ton of other family and friends when we spent the other half of Thanksgiving back at my mom and stepdad's. It was quite the trip, 10 days total, so much fun, and exhausting! We were so happy to have Brian on the flight home with us. 
Below are some photos from our festivities and Tatum on her first Thanksgiving!
XoXo.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.